Welcome to the 2019 Exhibitor Kit
THE EXHIBITOR KIT WILL BE FULLY UPDATED 6-8 WEEKS BEFORE THE SHOW.
The Exhibitor Kit will not be printed or mailed to you. We're reducing our paper trail by sending out our information by email or posting items on our website. Follow our step by step instructions below to assure you have a well organized, successful show.
***REMINDER: You must purchase electrical for your booth display through ShowTECH.***
Exhibitor WarningWe have been made aware that companies claiming to be affiliated with Marketplace Events LLC, such as but not limited to: International Fairs Directory, Event-Fair (formerly Expo-Guide & FAIR Guide), Exhibition Housing Services and Micro Media Techno Zone - are reaching out to our exhibitors offering sponsorship items in exchange for (exhibiting) company information and/or banking/credit card information. These companies do not have any business relationship with Marketplace Events LLC, nor have we given them authorization to use our Show names or Show-related information.
We strongly recommend that all exhibitors be extremely vigilant when it comes to giving your information to any company that you are not familiar with. If you have any questions about whether or not a company is warranted in reaching out to you regarding your participation in the Show(s), please don't hesitate to reach out to your Exhibit Sales Consultant.
Edmonton Expo Centre
7515 – 118 Avenue NW
Edmonton, AB T5B 4X5
Hall C Show Office
(effective October 16 – 21, 2019)
*Marketplace Events Team is ONLY at this location during the week of the Show: Wednesday, October 16 - Monday, October 21, 2019.
Please note that the Exhibitor's Lounge in Room #202 will be setup as a quiet room for exhibitors to use if needed, however, there will not be any food & beverage service.
Friday, October 18, 2019 12PM - 9PM
Saturday, October 19, 2019 10AM - 9PM
Sunday, October 20, 2019 10AM - 6PM
1. IMPORTANT FORMS
Review, complete and return the following by fax or email as soon as possible. Please double check that all of your contact information is correct.
For due dates on all forms, see the 2019 EFHS Show Checklist
- Please ensure you have read the Edmonton Expo Centre Life Safety and Emergency Alert Notification prior to going onsite
- Certificate of Insurance Form or Copy of Insurance directly from Insurance company (MANDATORY)
- Don't have insurance? Purchase temporary insurance here
- Badges: we do not put names on exhibitor badges. Badges are to be picked up during move-in onsite at the Hall C Show Office. Click HERE if you require EXTRA exhibitor badges.
- 2019 EFHS Contest Request Form (optional)
- 2019 EFHS Logo Request Form(optional)
- Exhibitor Listing Instructions
- Extra Marketing Application - to ensure you get maximum exposure (optional)
- Will you be using propane in your exhibit? Please read and abide by all guidelines within the Propane Use Health & Safety Document
- 2019 Customs Forms (for customs clearance, if required)
Davidson & Sons is our official transport carrier and customs broker for the event.
Please click on the links below for any forms you may need.
Transportation & Customs Order Form
Canada Customs Invoice
2. BOOTH GUIDELINES
Review the booth guidelines to make sure your booth is designed to meet Marketplace Events and Edmonton Expo Centre's standards:
- Booth Design Guidelines
- Edmonton Expo Centre Venue Guide **UPDATED** - Read important information regarding fire safety, safety & security, general rules, etc.
Displays containing soil, mulch or similar materials must use a fire retardant protective coating such as plastic to protect the floor and all facility equipment. Please note that additional cleaning charges may apply.
*SIGNAGE & BANNER HANGING*
Any signs/objects over 20 lbs. must be pre-approved by ShowTECH.
4. EXHIBITOR MOVE IN AND MOVE OUT
Move In Schedule - Coming Soon!
No persons under the age of fifteen (15) may be present on the show floor, or back of house areas, during Move In, Move Out, or while heavy machinery is operating
Sunday, October 20, 2019 7PM - 10PM (one hour beginning at 6pm is needed for aisle carpet removal)
Monday, October 21, 2019 8AM - 12PM
Removal or dismantling of exhibits or exhibit materials will NOT be permitted before 7PM on Sunday, October 20, 2019. Any exhibitors found dismantling or removing items from their booth prior to 7pm may be subject to a $500 fine.
5. ORDER APPLICABLE SERVICES FROM ONE OF THE FOLLOWING SHOW SUPPLIERS:
CLICK HERE FOR A DIRECTORY OF SERVICES
Facility Services, Edmonton Expo Centre
Services through Edmonton Expo:
- Exhibitor Parking
Pre-purchase your parking pass through Edmonton EXPO Centre and Showpass HERE.
Exhibitor Parking passes will be sold onsite during move-in at the 79 st booth. All Show Management Staff, Exhibitors, Deliveries, etc. enter the grounds via 79th Street. **Cash is NOT accepted for parking services**
Note: Exhibitors MUST park in the West Lot or in the Angled Exhibitor Parking behind the halls - subject to availability. Click here for the map.
Exhibitors MUST enter through the 79 St. & Borden Park Road entrance via 112th Ave.
Parking Pass MUST be scanned upon both entry & exit.
Parking Pass MUST be displayed and clearly visible on front dash at all times.
- Edmonton Expo Map
- Events Safety Compliance Policy for Show Managment & Exhibitors
- Internet Order Form
The Edmonton EXPO Centre is pleased to announce our new partnership with Freeman Audio Visual. Freeman has played a significant role and been a valued partner with the Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) at the Shaw Conference Centre for many years and we are excited to welcome them to the Edmonton EXPO Centre.
Freeman joins us as a preferred supplier for all Audio-Visual Services, and as an exclusive supplier of all Internet and Phone Services.
A Canadian company with 60 years of experience providing quality audio visual services, Freeman has skills, knowledge and ingenuity that you can trust. We are proud to partner with a service provider that has the same dedication and enthusiasm that we do when it comes to putting on unforgettable events.
As the exclusive supplier for all Internet Services, Freeman will work with all events on your wired and wireless internet needs, as well as phone lines and faxes.
Please direct all inquiries to:
2019 ShowTECH Exhibitor Order Forms
2019 ShowTECH ONLINE Ordering
Deadline for ShowTECH discount: Thursday, October 3, 2019
- Signage Hanging
- Ceiling Lighting
- Floor Lighting
- Compressed Air/Natural Gas
- Booth Cleaning
- Furnishings (tables, chairs, etc.)
- Carpet & Under-Padding
- Specialty Furnishings
- GEM Exhibits and Accessories (booths)
- Signs and Graphics
- Installation and Dismantling Labour
- In-Booth Forklift Service
7. TRAFFIC DRIVERSExtra Marketing Application
Extra Traffic Drivers
Online Web Banner/Eblast Inclusion Spec Sheet
Web Button: Increase traffic to your website with our free online button linking your customers to discount tickets at the show. Let us know when our web button is posted, and we will mail you 10 free tickets to the show.
Deadline: Friday, September 27, 2019
Follow These Easy Steps:
- Right click on button (below) and save
- Load image onto your website
- Set up hyperlink so jpg image links through to our website: www.edmontonfallhomeshow.com
- Email your website link to Sarah Carr along with your mailing address
Call us if you have any problems or if you want to discuss any other easy cross-traffic drivers.
8.SELLING OR SAMPLING FOOD OR BEVERAGE PRODUCTS
Edmonton Food Sales - Sampling Application Form
Alberta Health Services Vendor Notification - Included in Edmonton Expo Food and Beverage Sales & Sampling Form
Alberta Health Services Vendor Package - Included in Edmonton Expo Food and Beverage Sales & Sampling Form
Please note the following information:
The following are required to fill out sales and sampling applications
- Any vendor that is selling food or beverage meant for consumption on site
- Any vendor that is sampling any kind of edible product
The following are required to notify Marketplace Events so that we can notify Alberta Health Services
- All perishable items meant for consumption off site
The following are not required to fill out the sales and sampling application
- Commercially packaged products i.e. jams, coffee, tea, non-hydrated soups, energy bars, weight loss products
9. HOTEL INFORMATION
Chateau Lacombe Hotel
10111 Bellamy Hill
Edmonton, AB T5J 1N7
Exhibitor Block Online Booking
Guest may also call the hotel direct and book under the Edmonton Fall Home Show Guestroom Block
Block Code :
Direct Tel: 1-780-428-6611
Toll Free: 1-800-661-8801
Self Parking and Breakfast are included with your booking.
**Please note that guests can only book rooms online that are blocked for this group.
If a guest requires pre/post dates or an upgraded/different room type, they will need to call in to our reservations department to book the room.**
Deadline: Sunday, Sept 15, 2019
Below is a list of hotels in Edmonton listed by: cost, distance (from the Edmonton Expo Centre) and guest rating. All of the information below is from expedia.ca and is subject to change without notice.
Edmonton Hotels by COST
Edmonton Hotels by DISTANCE
Edmonton Hotels by RATING
10. BOOTH AWARDS & TIPS!Each year, the Edmonton Fall Home Show awards seven exhibitors, each in a different category, for standing out from their competition and peers. The categories for the booth awards are listed below, accompanied by the criteria our panel of judges look for when selecting the winning booth and company. We value all of the hard work our exhibitors put in to create their displays and design their spaces and award those who go above and beyond to put their best foot forward.
|Best In Show||Regardless of size, this booth displays the most unique display and design of any other in the show.|
|Best Large Space||Best booth 400 square feet or larger|
|Best Medium Space||Best Booth between 200 - 399 square feet|
|Best Small Space||Best Booth between 100 - 199 square feet|
|Rookie of the Year||Regardless of size, this brand new company has taken the initiative to design their space in a manner that truly sets them apart from other new companies.|
|Nailed it!||Regardless of size, this booth has just overall nailed it at the show!|
|Best Marketing Partner||Regardless of size, this company has taken the initiative to promote the Edmonton Fall Home Show|
• Meeting basic booth standards/expectations – height, signage, flooring, layout, etc
• Full floor covering (no subfloor, concrete or terracover exposed) and quality of floor covering
• Hard wall display (not mandatory but helps in the presentation of a professional display)
• Signage and signage quality
• No exposed studs or wiring (inside and outside booth)
• Paint and paint quality – taking the time to edge, tape seams, make the paint job look professional
• Wall quality – no visible damage
• Creativity and thought evident in booth design
2019 EFHS Booth & Exhibiting Tips
2019 EFHS Booth Design Guidelines
Michelle Hebenton, Exhibit Sales Consultant (Companies A - E)
MichelleH@mpeshows.com 1.866.941.0673, ext. 202
Bryan Andrews, Exhibit Sales Consultant (Companies F - P)
BryanA@mpeshows.com 1.800.633.8332 ext. 229
Alex Black, Exhibit Sales Consultant (Companies Q - Z)
AlexB@mpeshows.com 1.866.941.0673, ext. 213
Kristy Cairns, Show Manager
KristyC@mpeshows.com 1.800.633.8332, ext. 231